As healthcare workers, we’re living the PPE crisis every day. We know we need quick solutions because lives are at stake – our own, our loved ones, and our patients. This shortage is not necessary and our communities and families don’t need to be at risk.
Help end the shortage in two steps:
1. RAISE THE ALARM ON SOCIAL MEDIA WITH A SELFIE VIDEO
A selfie video puts a human face on the crisis the PPE shortage is creating for healthcare workers.
While at work on a break (in a non-patient area), record a 30-60 second video of yourself talking about the problems and challenges you’re dealing with every day with PPE availability. If you have PPE, have it on or with you so others can see.
You can talk about:
- What is the PPE you need to do your work?
- If you have PPE, what are the challenges you and your coworkers face with the shortage?
- What happens if you don’t have PPE? To you? Your family or patients?
Now post your video PUBLICLY on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtags #GetMePPE and #HealthcareHeroes.
We’ll add it to our broader social media outreach so lawmakers and the industry hear your story.
2. SIGN THE PROTECT ALL WORKERS PETITION
Add your name to call on the Trump administration and major industry leaders to step up and ensure all healthcare workers have access to the tests and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) needed to stay safe.
Click the button below to sign the petition.