Join Our Union
Are you a current SEIU-UHW member? Contact us here.
Are you a healthcare worker in California with no voice in your workplace?
You need the strength and support that joining a union can provide.
If you're interesting in joining SEIU UHW, fill out this form and we'll get in touch with you.
Why Should I Join a Union?
Joining a union will give you a voice in your workplace. Without representation, the employer can change wages, benefits and work conditions without listening to the workers. Forming a union will ensure that workers have the power to bargain for a fair contract and the strength to protect that contract.
Here are five good reasons to join your coworkers in forming a union:
- Working together, union members have the strength to win better wages, affordable health care, a secure retirement, and safer workplaces.
- The "union advantage" is substantial. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, union members are much more likely to have health benefits and pensions.
- For people of color and women workers, the union impact is even greater. Women workers who are union members earn nearly $9,000 a year more than their non-union counterparts. For African-American workers, the union differential is also about $9,000, and for Latino workers the yearly advantage is more than $11,000.
- In addition to helping workers win better wages and benefits, unions help all workers by giving working families a stronger voice in our communities and in the political arena.
- By joining together, we can build the strength to hold elected officials accountable to working people and win improvements such as affordable, quality health care for all.
What Can I Do to Join SEIU-UHW?
Fill out this form and we'll get in touch!